Many sexual issues that couples have are often deeper problems of connection. A secure base in the relationship is essential for exploring sexual issues. EFT can be used to directly address sexual issues. Here is a video of Sue Johnson, the founder of EFT, talking about one sexual issue – premature ejaculation – from an EFT perspective. The video was taken February 2,m 2017.
- Betraying a partner by breaking a promise or agreement about sex.
- For some, enjoyment of on-line pornography gets in the way of friendships and intimacy.
- Some obsess about sex as a way of avoiding intimacy and other difficult feelings like sadness and anxiety.
- Some may try to “sexualize” all aspects of all relationships, when it is inappropriate to do so.
- Sometimes a person’s sexual turn-ons may be so unusual that it is difficult to find a partner, in which case they may want to work on expanding their sexual repertoire.
- Often an erotic preference is enjoyed by one but not both of a couple, causing great conflict.
- Often a trans or spicy person has difficulty in self-acceptance or coming out to potential intimate partners.
Dr McConnell Interviewed about Low Sexual Desire