I am currently looking for members to form a Therapy/Support Group devoted to Inner Financial Health. If you are interested in such a group, please let me know.
Good Inner Financial Health Means
– Your financial affairs are optimized,
– You are conscious about your money scripts.
– Your financial affairs are in harmony with a life of integrity and loving intention.
Poor Money Behaviors Include
- chronic arguing over money
- financial dependence
- financial enabling
- financial infidelity
- squandering sudden wealth
- psychological gambling
- compulsive buying disorder
- compulsive hoarding – or living too poor
- making chronic investment errors
- accumulating credit card balances or other debt
- not “snapping back” from financial setbacks
- not saving or planning for retirement
- putting off estate planning (Wills, Trusts & Directives)
- both individuals and couples may suffer from poor Inner Financial Health.
Money behaviors are driven by core beliefs, or money scripts.
Money scripts are usually learned early in childhood.
Few people are consciously aware of their money scripts.
You can’t change what you can’t see, and you can’t see your unconscious beliefs. An outside perspective is essential to change.
The usual information about how you should handle money – how to budget, balance a check book, or allocate assets – is not helpful when your behavior is governed by unconscious and dysfunctional money scripts.
Money scripts often involve a complex of motivations.
Surprisingly few people have examined what money means to them, or have confidants with who they can talk about money.
Many persons are hesitant about consulting experts for guidance.
For some the subject of money is taboo; they find it more difficult to talk about money issues than substance abuse or sexual problems.